A Primo Hoagies location is coming to the popular Egg Harbor Road commercial district in Washington Township, specifically in the ShopRite Shopping Center.
Sometimes I have to do deep investigative research and interviews, and other times I am just running out to ShopRite to get some potatoes for that night’s steak dinner and I see the “Coming Soon” banner on the storefront! ha!
Primo Hoagies is a widely known hoagie and cheesesteak outlet with close to 100 locations in the USA, but they started out 30 years ago in South Philadelphia. The original founding family live in Sewell NJ!
A competing Jersey Mike’s location is also planned for this area in the Acme Shopping center. We reported on them back in October and at this time we do not have an update on it’s opening. Liscio’s is located directly across the street from this upcoming Primo Hoagies.
Keep reading for more on Primo’s and their upcoming Washington Township location!
Primo Hoagies – Washington Township
As mentioned the new Primo Hoagies is coming to Egg Harbor Road, in the ShopRite Shopping center.
Colorful “Coming Soon” signage is up on the windows announcing the new store (and also smartly hiding construction activity ahead of the opening).
The location in the Mill Pond Shopping Center (Egg Harbor Rd and Greentree) is between Hair Cuttery and La Modal Nails… just a few stores from the left end of the main center.
In the immediate area they have locations in Runnemede NJ and Cross Keys Rd.
Primo is a sandwich shop first and foremost, featuring cold hoagies as well as hot cheesesteaks and chicken cutlets sandwiches.
Their menu is broken out into categories, and they offer some Primo’s variety to the classics
- Italian: A variety of Italian hoagies offering a variety of sharp provolone, and the “Old Italian” which is dry cured capicola, sharp provolone and prosciutto
- Deli Classics: Ham&Cheese, Roast Beef & Cheese, Turkey & Cheese and more!
- the Diablos: Unique to Primo’s the Diablos add some heat to your classic sandwich favorites by adding hot pepper cheese and a spicy blend of spices.
- Schwartzies: are the Primo version of “specials”, which add cole slaw and russian dressing. Try one with Corned Beef, Roast Beef or Turkey!
- Philly Cheesesteaks: top contenders which are loaded with meat and your choice of cheese!
- Primo Cutlets come in a variety of flavors including the Bada Bing (sharp provolone and broccoli rabe), Bada Boom (sharp provolone and long hots), Chicken parm, buffalo chicken and more!
- Specialty hoagies include Tuna, Meatballs, a variety of creative Primo’s only sandwiches, and vegetarian!
Delicious sides and desserts round out the menu!
Plus they offer catering!
Primo Hoagies – South Philly to Sewell
While most of the locations are in the Delaware Valley area, they are poised for big time growth with stores located in Pittsburgh, Denver, Houston, New Orleans, the Carolinas and several Florida Cities.
A solid foundation of stores to continue their franchise expansion!
Earlier this year the Philadelphia Inquirer featured Primo Hoagies and the family behind the deli, Richie and Coleen Neigre.
Richie started the deli in 1992 in South Philadelphia. In 1996 they opened a second location, the new one in Center City.
By 1999 that had 4 locations and by 2001 business was doing so well they started franchising!
Their business is still in the family and daughters Colette and Audrey operate different stores in the region.
Soon many others in the family joined the business. Husbands, nephews, uncles and more!
Sadly the reason for the lovely Inquirer feature piece on the Family and Primo Hoagies was that founder and Patriarch Richie Neigre had passed away in May of this year.
“My husband was committed to quality, bread, and making different things that you never had before,” Coleen said. “He made concoctions and we would taste it and we would say, ‘Does this seem like it’s good together?’ Like he made sandwiches that people never heard of.”Coleen Neigre on her husband Richie
Links and Locations
Primo Hoagies Sewell (Coming Soon)
380 Egg Harbor Road
Sewell NJ, 08080