The Indian Bazaar opened last month in Deptford New Jersey on Clements Bridge Road, offering the best Indian groceries and fresh produce at wholesale pricing. They even offer general household products.
And coming very soon to the store is the Indian Kitchen, offering all of your favorite prepared Indian dishes (and more) for take-out! The open-kitchen design is already built out at the front of the store, and they waiting on final touches and inspection approvals to be completed.
Their Grand Opening sale for the grocery runs January 5th through January 8th, so stop by and stock up! But you can stop in now to check things out. Keep scrolling for more!
Indian Bazaar is located in the Edge Fitness shopping center on Clements Bridge Rd, on the right side closer to Raymour & Flanigans… between Plato’s Closet and Hello Gorgeous.
For a short time this year the new grocery operated as Farmers Fresh Supermarket, but the owners decided to make additional branding and product changes to focus the store as a one-stop Indian Grocery and Kitchen.
It’s a nicely laid-out store and well stocked, which really has something for everyone. Plus online ordering and home delivery are Coming Soon!
I stopped in last week and met up with the owners and the management team, who were eager to let the community know there are open. Scroll down and read for more information.
Indian Bazaar Groceries: Indian Groceries, Fresh Produce and More
The new Indian Bazaar grocery is a good sized store truly earning the name of “grocery”. While not as large as a Dollar General merchandise store, the Indian Bazaar offers a lot of product in a smartly laid out space.
Like any grocery, there are distinct sections at Indian Bazaar in Deptford
- Indian packaged groceries are focused in the center of the store.
- Fresh produce is in two categories. Just like a traditional American supermarket, they have root vegetables such as onions and garlic in easy to access dry bins (inside and outside of the store), and more perishable produce is kept in open-style refrigerated units.
- A large section of new glass-door Refrigerator and Freezer units are offered, which line most of the left wall of the store as well as along the back.
- Bulk packaged cooking ingredients are in two different sections.
- Packaged dry goods, such as a large variety of beans presented on strong shelving
- Larger bulk packages of flour and rice in a small warehouse style steel shelving
- The also offer a wide array of general merchandise such as paper plates, cleaning supplies and even paper towels and toilet paper.
- In the mix are Indian beauty products, cookware and more.
And the entire place was well stocked!
It really is a one-stop grocery shop… honestly I was impressed with how many different categories of products they offered, how how much was in each of the categories.. and the store is not cramped and nicely stocked.
As you can see from the photos, the fresh produce looks like it lives up to the “fresh” name, and again its very good selection of product.
The Indian Kitchen – Coming Very Soon
The kitchen area was created in the front corner of the store and it looks ready to go! Management tells me there were just a few extra details and then final inspections.
They expect to have the kitchen open in January!
And to be clear, this is a full kitchen to prepare the freshest hot Indian dishes, as well as cold treats like fresh produce smoothies!
There is a grill in place with the required overhead hood. Fryers are positioned in the corner. Display cases are out front to showcase their latest creations.
Chinese food take-out restaurants are very common in the area… could Indian Bazaar bring that same experience to Indian dishes?! Let’s hope!
Actually its really a smart idea to combine the groceries, fresh produce and the kitchen all into one store as each of those business segments will help each other. For example you know they’ll always have fresh produce as they’ll be using it 10 feet away in the kitchen!
My one mistake I made during my visit was to get more details on the the menu! I do see on the front window they are featuring images of classic Indian dishes! Well, a reason for me to stop back. Maybe a video after they open the kitchen? I do love Chicken Tikka Masala!
Links and Location
Indian Bazaar NJ
1450 Clements Bridge Road
Deptford NJ 08096
Mon thru Sat: 9am to 9pm
Sunday: 9am to 8pm