Primo Hoagies is now open in Washington Township, NJ on Egg Harbor Road, in the ShopRite shopping center.
This was an extra special opening for the growing sandwich chain out of Westville NJ, as this was Primo Hoagies’ 100th location opening!
Tuesdays Grand Opening ribbon cutting had leadership of the Washington Township on hand!
Decorative balloons shaped like giant a “100” were out front and a string band ensemble played outside the eatery, entertaining customers hoping to be one of the first 100 customers.
42Freeway first shared news of the then upcoming Primo Hoagie shop back on December 14th 2022.
The location in the Mill Pond Shopping Center (Egg Harbor Rd and Greentree) is between Hair Cuttery and La Modal Nails… just a few stores from the left end of the Shoprite Supermarket.
Construction on the interior moved very quickly. While it’s not a large restaurant (they don’t offer indoor seating), it’s still an impressive turnaround to develop the interior in about 3 months time.
I stopped in later in the day after the grand opening and chatted briefly with one of the partners of the new franchise location.
The owners are local Gloucester County families, and are excited to be bringing the Primo quality sandwich products to Washington Township!
Inside, the Primo Sewell location is designed for takeout orders… the emphasis is on making delicious sandwiches!
About 15 feet past the front entrance is the ordering counter, with overheard digital menu screens.
All of the other sandwich eating add-on essentials are right there, from racks of chips and snacks, to drinks and salads.
The salads are displayed in an easily accessible refrigerator case… and honestly I wasn’t aware of how salads, peppers and other items that Primo Hoagies offered! Pepper shooters, long hots, tortellini parmesan, potato salad, macaroni salad, mozzarella and a whole lot more.
But of course the sandwiches are the star of the show.
I went very classic with a Primo Italian, topped with lettuce, tomato, onion and oil/vinegar… and no mayo!
Can this just become a law? No mayo ever on an Italian hoagie!
They use a seeded roll that has a crustier outside and a soft and fresh bread inside. According to Atlantic City Weekly the rolls are par-baked by Liscio’s (Glassboro), and then the baking is finished in the store.
The meat is Thumann’s brand, which is always fresh.
Actually everything about my sandwich was fresh!
So I went very signature Sammy with my Primo visit, but they offer much more!
The categories of sandwiches are:
- Italian: A variety of Italian hoagies offering a variety of sharp provolone, and the “Old Italian” which is dry cured capicola, sharp provolone and prosciutto
- Deli Classics: Ham&Cheese, Roast Beef & Cheese, Turkey & Cheese and more!
- the Diablos: Unique to Primo’s the Diablos add some heat to your classic sandwich favorites by adding hot pepper cheese and a spicy blend of spices.
- Schwartzies: are the Primo version of “specials”, which add cole slaw and russian dressing. Try one with Corned Beef, Roast Beef or Turkey!
- Philly Cheesesteaks: top contenders which are loaded with meat and your choice of cheese!
- Primo Cutlets come in a variety of flavors including the Bada Bing (sharp provolone and broccoli rabe), Bada Boom (sharp provolone and long hots), Chicken parm, buffalo chicken and more!
- Specialty hoagies include Tuna, Meatballs, a variety of creative Primo’s only sandwiches, and vegetarian!
Stop in soon and try out a Primo sandwich… and soon they are coming to Clarksboro!
Links and Location
Primo Hoagies Sewell
380 Egg Harbor Road
Sewell NJ 08080